Fermentation fanatics ahoy! Our Sauerkraut and Kimchi workshop will take you through the traditional techniques of lacto-fermentation (AKA "leave it to do its own thing"!) and how to turn simple, natural ingredients into something spectacular. We will be using cabbage and vegetables from our local Producer-members to make both Sauerkraut and Kimchi.
Our Co-op Kitchen and Cannery team will lead you through the history and theory of preserving techniques, fermentation techniques, and canning without a hot water bath canner. The workshop is 3 hours in length. Included in the workshop are all ingredients, jars, recipes, and more. You will learn the lifetime skill of how to lacto-ferment just about anything, easily replicable at home!
>> LIMITED SUBSIDIZED SPACES AVAILABLE - please email email@example.com for more details. <<
To register, click the "Register Now!" button at the top/bottom of this page!
This Sauerkraut and Kimchi Workshop Takes Place at:
- Our Co-op Kitchen, inside West End Food Co-op at 1229 Queen Street West (Toronto, ON M6K 1L2)
Please bring to this workshop:
- Your favourite apron
- A hat, bandana, or hair-elastic (if applicable)
- Closed-toed shoes
The cost of this workshop is:
- WEFC Member Price: $50
- Non-member Price: $55 (includes lifetime membership to WEFC)
- *WEFC Aprons will be available for a discounted price of $20 for participants (a $25 value)
You get to leave this workshop with:
- Knowledge of food security, WEFC as a food co-op, preserving history and techniques behind pickling & fermenting vegetables
- Hands-on skills covering how to prep vegetables, begining the lacto-fermentation process, and safe canning/storing techniques
- Having spent an evening with new friends, co-op members, and neighbourhood folks learning together
- Jars of local, freshly made Sauerkraut and Kimchi to fill your pantry
If you have questions, you can contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.533.6363 ex.2
Toronto, ON M6K 1L2
|Workshop fee (for members)||$ 50.00|
|Add Membership||$ 5.00|