A special treat for you, divine when warmed and served over ice cream, or given as a thoughtful gift.. these preserved Pears in Cardamom Syrup are simply delicious. You'll have friends asking you for more! Capture the taste of the harvest, and eat local pears all winter! You'll learn how to preserve, make the syrup and recipe from scratch, and can it safely. We'll be using local pears, sustainably grown from one of our Producer-members.
Our Co-op Kitchen and Cannery team will lead you through the history and theory of preserving techniques and canning with a hot water bath canner. The workshop is 3 hours in length. Included in the workshop are all ingredients, jars, recipes, and more. You will learn the lifetime skill of canning, easily replicable at home!
>> LIMITED SUBSIDIZED SPACES AVAILABLE - please email email@example.com for more details. <<
To register, click the "Register Now!" button at the top/bottom of this page!
This Pears in Cardamom Syrup Workshop Takes Place at:
- Our Co-op Kitchen, inside West End Food Co-op at 1229 Queen Street West (Toronto, ON M6K 1L2)
Please bring to this workshop:
- Your favourite apron
- A hat, bandana, or hair-elastic (if applicable)
- Closed-toed shoes
The cost of this workshop is:
- WEFC Member Price: $50
- Non-member Price: $55 (includes lifetime membership to WEFC)
- *WEFC Aprons will be available for a discounted price of $20 for participants (a $25 value)
You get to leave this workshop with:
- Knowledge of food security, WEFC as a food co-op, preserving history and techniques behind making jelly
- Hands-on skills covering how to prep fruits, beginning the syrup-making process, and safe raw-packing and canning/storing techniques
- Having spent an evening with new friends, co-op members, and neighbourhood folks learning together
- Jars of local, freshly made Preserved Pears in Cardamom Syrup to fill your pantry
If you have questions, you can contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.533.6363 ex.2
Toronto, ON M6K 1L2
|Workshop fee (for members)||$ 50.00|
|New Membership||$ 5.00|