Our Holiday Tourtière-making Workshop will be taught by the Co-op Kitchen Team, experienced pie makers with many years of the love and challenges of pie making behind them. Tourtière is a Quèbecois-style meat pie, traditionally eaten on Christmas eve. This workshop is 3 hours in length. Included in the workshop are all ingredients, recipes, a yummy snack and more. You will learn the lifetime skill of how to make flaky pie crust and the savoury ground meat filling, using local and organic/ethically-raised beef & pork, and a special blend of traditional spices. Each student will finish class with a freshly baked tourtière pie just out of the oven and the recipe.
To register, click the "Register Now!" button at the top/bottom of this page!
This Tourtière-making Workshop Takes Place at:
- Our Co-op Kitchen, inside West End Food Co-op at 1229 Queen Street West (Toronto, ON M6K 1L2)
Please bring to this workshop:
- Your favourite apron
- A hat, bandana, or hair-elastic (if applicable)
- Closed-toed shoes
The cost of this workshop is:
- WEFC Member Price: $50
- Non-member Price: $55 (includes lifetime membership to WEFC)
You get to leave this workshop with:
- Knowledge of food security, WEFC as a food co-op, making pie crust, traditional savoury Tourtière fillings
- Hands-on skills covering how to make the pie dough and traditional meat filling from scratch, baking techniques, and finishing pie crust
- Having spent an evening with new friends, co-op members, and neighbourhood folks learning together
- A freshly baked Tourtière meat pie to take home, ready for your Christmas Eve dinner!
If you have questions, you can contact:
- email@example.com or call 416.333.6612
Toronto, ON M6K 1L2
|Workshop fee (for members)||$ 50.00|
|New Membership||$ 5.00|