It's nearly that time of year again! Get ready, our Annual Country Fair is coming up on Monday September 4th, and we're already working on...
Join our Co-op Kitchen Team, including our experienced sourdough aficionados, for this basic course in Sourdough bread-baking! Our team will lead you through a tested recipe and an in-depth discussion about Sourdough starters, their care and maintenance, and how to use your starter to make delicious sourdough bread! This will be a great way to learn new bread making skills or brush up old ones.
We will be making Sourdough Loaves, using flour from one of our local producers and the well-loved "Parkdale" sourdough strain. You will learn about the history, theory, and practice of sourdough, gain hands-on experience working with the starter and bread making, and leave with some freshly-baked sourdough bread, dough to bake at home & your very own starter.
>> SUBSIDIZED SPACES AVAILABLE - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. <<
To register, click the "Register Now!" button at the top/bottom of this page!
This Sourdough Bread Workshop Takes Place at:
- Our Co-op Kitchen, inside West End Food Co-op at 1229 Queen Street West (Toronto, ON M6K 1L2)
Please bring to this workshop:
- Your favourite apron
- A hat, bandana, or hair-elastic (if applicable)
- Closed toed shoes
The cost of this workshop is:
- WEFC Member Price: $55
- Non-member Price: $60 (includes lifetime membership to WEFC)
- *Bonus*: If you purchase a WEFC Apron on your workshop date, you will receive it for $20 (instead of $25)
You get to leave this workshop with:
- Knowledge of the history of baking sourdough bread, fermentation process, caring for a sourdough starter, shaping sourdough loaves for the perfect boule loaf, and how to easily replicate this process at home
- Hands-on skills covering how to make the sourdough starter from scratch, making the dough, baking fresh loaves of sourdough bread
- Having spent an evening with new friends, co-op members, and neighbourhood folks learning together
- A sourdough starter, dough you've made in class that's ready to bake, and a freshly baked loaf to take home
If you have questions, you can contact:
- email@example.com or call 416.333.6612
Toronto, ON M6K 1L2
|Workshop fee (for members)||$ 55.00|
|New Membership||$ 5.00|