Themes of the Farm Visits project:
- How did the farmer(s) come to farming and its way of life?
- What is the land like, the farm like, and how did it develop?
- Permaculture - What is it? Is it widely practiced?
- Soil Building - Many would say this is the foundation of organic agriculture
and the main feature that distinguishes it from conventional
- Practices: Pest Management and Irrigation
- Science and Study
On July 8, 2018 five members of the Farmers' Market Committee paid visits to three farms that are just west of Toronto:
Puck Graafland took the photographs and Eric Lee wrote the text; it is from his point of view and does not claim to be comprehensive.