Join Our Team
Sign up to volunteer at WEFC - we are always looking for more volunteers! There are many different areas which we are seeking help. Some examples are:
- Farmers' Market: set-up, dishes, take-down, assisting with events
- Store: stocking shelves, refilling bulk products, replenishing produce
- Kitchen: food prep, cooking, assisting with workshops and events
- Event tabling: providing information about WEFC, handing out informational pieces
- Join our Board of Directors: All Board positions are currently filled at our Annual General Meeting, which happens each year in June. Go to www.westendfood.coop/agm for more info.
- Join a Committee: some committees are openly seeking more members. Check out our list to see which committees are open and who to contact.
When you sign up to be on our volunteer list by filling out the form below, your email is directed to the Volunteer Committee. A member of the committee will contact you and have you sign up for an orientation session. Once you've attended orientation, you will be able to sign up for volunteer shifts by responding to a weekly call-out email. You can unsubscribe at any time, and will have the support of our Volunteer Committee if you have any questions about volunteering.
- I first got involved with WEFC as a volunteer at the Farmers' Market. Now, 3 years later I'm working at the store, but also involved with 3 committees and a Worker-representative on the Board of Directors! WEFC is a great place to be.
West End Food Co-op has been a great experience. I get to volunteer alongside some wonderful people, meet farmers and producers, and gain experience that will help me get a job in the local food sector. Thanks, WEFC!
- I love my volunteer shifts! The people make you feel very welcomed, and I get to work in a big kitchen with all kinds of amazingly fresh and local food. And I learned how to can! Such a cool experience.